Winter is officially here with the first snow fall that didn’t melt, but we’re too busy working in the studio to notice the cold and the darkness. Here is our list of projects for November.
- In October we offered a 10% discount on commissioned oil paintings, and as a result, Scott will be working on five pieces. The largest one is 3ft x 4ft.
- This First Friday we are having an art opening at Resolution Brewing in Mountain View. This is a new venue for us, in a different section of town, and we’re looking forward to seeing how things play out. Click here for the deets.
- Scott recently finished building two large supports for new paintings. He has interesting concepts for them, but today we found out that a major set-back happened. The 8ft x 4ft panel warped. We think this happened, because the wood fibers in the birch panel naturally wanted to twist. Fighting the natural tendencies of wood is a losing battle, so Scott is going to dismantle the panel, and start all over with new pieces. That’s a lot of wasted time and money, but we’d rather cut our losses sooner than later, and make a product that’s perfect. Defects are not acceptable at this level.
- We will be hosting art lessons for a Girl Scouts troop in our studio. They will be working on their collage and comic strip badges.
- This year the Maury Pottery sale is not happening for the first time in 30 years, so we’ll be hosting our own Holiday Studio Sale. Scott will have new paintings and prints for sale. Stay tuned for details.
- Lastly, if we have any extra time, we’re going to update our website with new images.
So that’s what we’ll be doing, in addition to managing the Etsy shop, fulfilling custom stickers orders, and maybe brewing some beer.
Have a great November!